Housing Partnership Committee
The mission of the Burlington Housing Partnership Committee (BHPC) is to consider housing needs in Burlington with particular attention to housing opportunities that are affordable to residents of all income levels and abilities. The Committee shall seek to expand the inventory of decent, safe, affordable housing in Burlington through public and private partnerships, and will make recommendations to the Select Board on steps the Town can take to support the creation of new housing options to address those needs, and to maintain existing affordable housing in Burlington. The Committee will promote the creation and preservation of housing and housing programs that:
- Enable people with incomes below the area median to access an affordable place to live.
- Create and maintain adequate affordable housing in Burlington to meet or exceed the state’s benchmark for 10 percent of the town’s total housing units to be affordable to those with incomes at or below 80 percent of the area median income.
- Promote a diverse, economically vibrant, and welcoming community with housing choices and opportunities free from housing discrimination.
Housing Needs Assessment
Watch a BCAT story about the Housing Needs Assessment.
- Michael Runyan, Chair
- Kerry Donahue, Vice Chair
- Eileen Sickler, Secretary
- Barbara L'Heureux
- Rita Shah
- John Sullivan
- Henry Wu