Pickleball in Burlington
Burlington Parks & Recreation Department
Courts DO NOT OPEN until 9 AM.
The Burlington Parks & Recreation Department does not recognize any online scheduling programs. Creating a reservation with an online scheduler does not give you special rights to a court. Courts are open for play for the general public, from April through October, on a first come first served basis and you must follow the court sharing and rotation rules.
Court Sharing & Rotation Rules
- Games are to be played to 11, win by 2 (Games to 9 when courts are full)
- Play is on a rotational basis (4 on 4 off or 2 on 2 off)
- When courts are full, paddle brackets must be used.
- The next waiting group will take the first available court
- Players must be present when their court becomes available
- Players finishing a game must place their paddles in the paddle bracket if they wish to play again
- Music is not allowed at the courts
The Burlington Parks & Recreation Department may schedule the courts for programs and events which take priority over open play. For a current schedule of programs and events please check out the courts reserved tab above.
Burlington Parks & Recreation programs will be utilizing the pickleball courts during the following days/times:
Tuesdays, Sept. 20 - Oct. 25 (not 10/4) from 5 to 6:15 pm
Tuesdays, May 3 - October 25 from 6:15 to 8:15 pm
Thursdays, June 2 - October 27 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
Fridays, Sept. 23 - Oct. 28 (not 9/30) from 9:30 to 10:45 am
Friday, Oct. 14 from 3 to 5:30 pm
Saturdays, April 30 - October 29 from 6 to 8 pm
Pickleball is a sport rapidly growing in popularity. Roll up the joy of playing tennis and badminton, toss in a wifflelike ball and you’ve got a game of Pickleball! No pre-registration required. Please stop by the office on your way to the gym to pay your $5 drop-in fee.
Mondays, Nov. 7 - Dec. 19 from 2 to 3:30 pm
Thursdays, Nov. 10 - Dec. 22 from 2:30 to 4 pm