- BPRD offers a variety of adaptive programs. These programs align with other BPRD programs and have modifications, adaptations and supports built into the program from the start. An example of this is our pride sports program which offers adaptive sports year round including basketball, track and field, softball and more!
- We offer inclusion support services in all of our year round programs. Anyone in the Burlington community who would like to attend a program offered through BPRD may request inclusion support.
- What does Inclusion Support look like? Support from an inclusion/support staff in the program, increasing a staffing ratio, previewing an activity prior to attending, working with an instructor of a program to coordinate accommodations.
- Socialization is a huge part of life! BPRD recognizes that and offers several social programs. These programs are staff supported and are designed for participants to come together and try new recreational activities in a supportive and welcoming environment.
RecTogether is a community based recreation and leisure program for young adults ages 13-25 with cognitive and/or developmental disabilities. RecTogether is an active program aiming to increase social connections, independence, community engagement, and awareness of recreational and leisure opportunities for participants. Please see the current seasonal brochure to see the current "Evenings Out" and "Saturday Adventures" activity offerings.
Out & About is a dynamic community outing program for adults ages 25+ with a disability. The group will try new recreation activities as well as tried and true favorites. Examples of outings include bowling, art studios, movies and more. This program is designed to increase community engagement and social connections for participants! Please see the current seasonal brochure to see the current activity offerings.
Spectacular Saturday is an opportunity for participants with a disability ages 25+ to connect while engaging in recreational activities. These activities have included bowling, zumba, yoga, music therapy and more! Please see the current seasonal brochure to see the current activity offerings.
- BPRD runs sensory friendly events in conjunction with larger special events. These events are designed with people with sensory needs in mind. Examples include sensory trick or treating, community safety events, sensory photos with santa and more!
Family Connection Events:
- Family connection events are an opportunity for family members to join in and connect with other families who attend therapeutic recreation programs. These are a great way to bond as a family and meet new people. Events that have been offered include cooking classes, paint nights, and more!