The Town of Burlington offers a variety of benefits to its employees and retirees. As a new employee, insurance begins on the first day of the month following your hire date. All new employees have 30 days only from their hire date to enroll in benefits.
You will not be eligible to enroll in benefits again until open enrollment (January 1st of each year) or if there is a qualifying event. To inquire about benefits contact the Benefits Department at 781-270-1623.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Enrollment Form (PDF)
- Network Blue New England Summary of Benefits 2020 (PDF)
- Network Blue New England Summary of Benefits 2021
- Blue Care Elect Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) Summary of Benefits (PDF) 2020
- Blue Care Elect Summary of Benefits 2021
- Comparison of Blue Cross and Harvard Pilgrim (PDF)
- Senior Comparison Sheet of Medicare Supplemental Plans (PDF)
- MassHealth Connector (PDF)
- Harvard Pilgrim Enrollment Form (PDF)
- Harvard Pilgrim Best Buy HMO Summary of Benefits 2020
- Harvard Pilgrim Best Buy HMO Summary of Benefits 2021
- Harvard Pilgrim HSA Summary of Benefits 2020
- Harvard Pilgrim HSA Summary of Benefits 2021
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Notice (PDF)
- Diabetes Care Rewards Program Enrollment Info (PDF)
- Comparison of Senior health plans 2021
Middlesex County Retirement System
Our dental insurance company, Altus, is an employee paid dental plan.
- Dental Plan Information (PDF)
- Application Form (PDF)
Flex Spending Account
Flex Spending is offered to active employees to help with medical, dental and child care expenses. New employees must enroll within 30 days from date of hire.
- Enrollment Form - calendar year 2020 (PDF)
- Enrollment Form - calendar year 2021 (PDF)
- Reimbursement Form (PDF)
The town offers a $5,000 life insurance policy through The Hartford for $2.90 per month. Additional Life Insurance for up to $500,000 may be obtained for a higher premium.
Note: Must enroll within 30 days from date of hire or a proof of insurability will need to be provided after that time period.
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance is available through Lincoln Financial and is 100% employee paid through payroll deductions.
Note: Must enroll within 30 days from date of hire or proof of insurability will need to be provided after that time period.
Empower Retirement (formerly Great West), International Capital Market Association (ICMA), and Nationwide offer Deferred Compensation (457) plans for town employees. Both Deferred Compensation plans and a variety of 403B Tax Shelter Annuities are offered to school employees. See Information for School Employees (PDF).
Note: Employees may enroll and make changes at any time.