Mattress and Box Spring Recycling
Effective October 3, 2022 Republic Services will not be picking up Mattresses and/or Box Springs for the Town of Burlington. This is in response to the MassDEP Waste Ban on Mattresses and Textiles. More info can be found at:
The DEP along with the Town is partnering with UTEC, a non-profit that employs at-risk young adults. Below is pertinent information on recycling of Mattresses and Box Springs:
- Each Mattress or Box Spring will cost $34 each (a mattress is 1 item and a box spring is 1 item) to recycle.
- All sizes will be collected
- Items will be collected if damaged, broken or wet.
- If an item is contaminated (ex. bed bugs), they will not be collected. You will be directed to contact Republic Services for disposal of contaminated items.
- To schedule a curbside pickup of a mattress and/or box spring with UTEC, please go to their website and scroll down to “Schedule Service”. Find Burlington and fill out all requested information.
If you have any questions regarding this process please contact the DPW at 781-270-1670.