Fitness & Wellness Discounts
Members of our health insurance plans receive up to $150 calendar-year reimbursement (total per family) for qualified fitness centers. Must be a member of a fitness facility for a minimum of 4 months. File annually, before March 31st of the following year.
- Harvard Pilgrim reimbursement form (can be mailed or completed online)
Members receive reimbursement for traditional gyms as well as facilities that offer:
- Aerobic/group classes
- Indoor cycling/spinning classes
- Indoor rock climbing
- Personal training (taught by a certified instructor)
- Strength training
- Blue Cross Blue Shield reimbursement form (PDF)
Members receive reimbursement for fees paid for membership in a full-service health club that offers both strength and cardio equipment, or reimbursement for fitness classes at a health club. The fitness reimbursement also includes group classes such as yoga, pilates, and kickboxing classes that are taught in a fitness studio.
- Blue Cross Weight Loss Reimbursement (PDF)
Up to $150 per calendar year for participation in a qualified weight loss program, which includes hospital-based programs, as well as non-hospital programs that focus on healthy eating and exercise and require counseling with a certified health professional.
- Embody Fitness (PDF)offers 15% off all services and classes
- CrossFit Exclamation offers 10% off unlimited memberships.
- Revd Indoor Cycling offers a 5 class package for $60.
- The YMCA (PDF) offers 10% off the monthly member rate and 50% off the joiner fee. Try the YMCA for free - download a free 1-day pass. This discount is available for all in the locations in the:
- Greater Boston
- Merrimack Valley regions
- Metro North
- North Shore
- Blue365 Deals for Blue Cross Blue Shield members
- Harvard Pilgrim member savings
- The Burlington Recreation Department offers a wide variety of fitness classes including Zumba, Boot Camp, Yoga, Strength Training, as well as programs, activities, and trips.
- Lahey Hospital hosts an 8-week Freedom From Smoking® program at its Woburn facility several times a year. This program is provided to all Lahey patients and family members (ages 18+) at no cost.
- Varallo Orthodontics (PDF) provides a 10% courtesy off of orthodontic treatment for all Town of Burlington employees.