The Board of Selectmen is the Local Licensing Authority for Alcohol Licenses.
The Town Administrator is the Deputy Local Licensing Authority.
Burlington Alcohol Server Policy
Burlington Alcohol Rules & Regulations AMC Theater Conditions for Alcoholic Beverage License
Special One-Day Alcoholic Beverages License Application
Must be submitted 30 days prior to event to allow time for departments to review and comment. Alcohol for the event cannot be purchased from a package store. A State Approved Wholesaler must be contacted for the purchase and delivery of alcohol. However, apply for a State Approved 12C Licensee and a one-day license is unnecessary. The 12c licensee will handle the purchase of alcohol, the serving of the alcohol and will contact the Police Department (Requires 48 Hr notice to the Burlington Police Chief).
ANNUAL RENEWAL NOTICE TO ALL LIQUOR LICENSE HOLDERS
2018 Annual Liquor License Renewal Information
Workers' Compensation Insurance Affidavit Form
Alcohol Beverages Control Commission (ABCC)
M.G.L. c138, s.24. Click this site to view the State's authority to promulgate regulations clarifying, carrying out, enforcing and preventing violation of Chapter 138's provisions for the method of carrying on the business of any alcohol licensed premise.
FAQ'S - Massachusetts Alcohol Beverages Control Commission
State Advisory Letters
Matrix for Retail License Transactions
AMENDMENTS TO EXISTING LICENSES
Monetary Transmittal Form to be used with autopay statement to the ABCC
Change of Manager Application
Application for Multiple Amendments to Alcohol License
Alcohol Licenses - Applications for All Changes/New/Transfers
Change of Corporate Name, Change of DBA, Change of Legal Structure, Change of Class, Change of Category
- Amendment application
- $150.00 fee - BURLINGTON: Paper checks are required for the Town’s filing of applications and renewal fees. Checks are made out to "Town of Burlington."
- $200.00 - ONLY ON-LINE PAYMENTS TO ABCC EFFECTIVE 11/19/17. Your payment receipt must be included with your application to Burlington's Local Licensing Authority. Click here for the on-line payment link: http://www.mass.gov/abcc/epay.htm
- Local Licensing Review Record no further than "Category" in the Applicant Information section. (formerly form 43)
- Burlington CORI Authorization Form: Signed (We cannot use the state's CORI.)
- Requirement for New Managers:
1. Brief resume describing past or current experience under an alcohol license
2. State I.D.
3. Passport or other verification of U.S. citizenship
4. TIPs Certification (Training for Intervention Procedures) http://www.gettips.com/online/index.shtml
5. Burlington CORI Authorization Form: Signed (We cannot use the state's CORI.)
6. Letter signed by new manager stating they have read and understand the State and the Town's following Alcohol Rules and Regulations.
Burlington Alcohol Rules & Regulations and
Burlington Alcohol Server Policy
- PUBLIC HEARINGS: Abutter Notification list and cards when a public hearing is required Request an uncertified abutter list for up to 500' and 4 sets of labels of direct abutters from the Assessors Department (781-270-1650). IMPORTANT: A copy of the abutter list must be included with the application.
- When application is complete and labels have been received, contact this office to select a date to go before the Board of Selectmen.
- ADDITIONAL REGULATIONS FOR AMC THEATRE: AMC Theater Conditions for Alcoholic Beverage License
- New/transfer & alterations of premises: CONTACT BUILDING DEPARTMENT TO REVIEW THE FLOOR PLAN. Final plan should include a break down of # of indoor and outdoor seating including changes during the off season. The term "bar" may not be included on the floor plan. You may use the term "cafe dining."
In order to confirm that all licensees and applicants are in compliance with Massachusetts tax laws, the ABCC is requiring a Certificate of Good Standing (“COGS”) from the Massachusetts Department of Revenue for the following transactions submitted to the Local Board beginning March 1, 2018:
- Transfer of License (certificate must be in the current/seller licensee name)
- Change in Beneficial Interest
- Pledge of License
- Change of License Class (Seasonal, Annual)
- Change in License Category (Wines and Malts, All Alcohol, etc.)
- Change of Entity Name (certificate must be in the current corporate name)
- Change of Corporate Structure (certificate must be in the current corporate structure)
- Addition of a Management Agreement
- PLEASE NOTE: a new licensee does not require a COGS
An applicant can obtain a COGS by visiting the Department of Revenue’s website: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/request-a-certificate-of-good-standing-tax-compliance-or-a-corporate-tax-lien-waiver.
LICENSE FEES FOR RENEWALS & NEW LICENSES/PERMITS
|New & Renewal / All Alcohoilic / Restaurant||3,000|
|New & Renewal / Wine & Malt Bev. / Restaurant||1,500|
|New & Renewal/Addition of Liqueurs & Cordials||500|
|New & Renewal Common Victualler License||25|
|New & Renewal / All Alcohol / Package StoreVictualler License||2,200|
|New & Renewal / Wine & Malt Beverages / Package Goods Store||1,700|
|New & Renewal / All Alcohol / Club||250|
|New & Renewal Amusement Devices (each)||50|
|New & Renewal Live Entertainment||25|
|One-Time Fee Per Request:|
|Special One-Day / Alcoholic Beverage Permit||75|