The Board of Selectmen is the Local Licensing Authority for Alcohol Licenses.
The Town Administrator is the Deputy Local Licensing Authority.
BURLINGTON RULES AND REGULATIONS
Special One-Day Alcoholic Beverages License Application
Must be submitted 30 days prior to event to allow time for departments to review and comment. If using a state approved licensee, it is not necessary to apply for a one-day license. State approved licencies. (Requires 48 Hr notice to the Burlington Police Chief)
STATE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES CONTROL COMMISSION (ABCC)
M.G.L. c138, s.24. Click this site to view the State's authority to promulgate regulations clarifying, carrying out, enforcing and preventing violation of Chapter 138's provisions for the method of carrying on the business of any alcohol licensed premise.
FAQ'S - Massachusetts Alcohol Beverages Control Commission
12 C State Liquor Caterer Licensees (Requires 48 Hr notice to the Burlington Police Chief)
State Advisory Letters
Matrix for Retail License Tranactions
ANNUAL RENEWAL NOTICE TO ALL LIQUOR LICENSE HOLDERS
2018 ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWAL INFORMATION
- $150.00 fee - BURLINGTON: Paper checks are required for the Town’s filing of applications and renewal fees. Checks are made out to "Town of Burlington."
- $200.00 fee - ONLY ON-LINE PAYMENTS TO ABCC EFFECTIVE 11/19/17. Your payment receipt must be included with your application to Burlington's Local Licensing Authority. Click here for the on-line payment link: http://www.mass.gov/abcc/epay.htm
- Monetary Transaction Form for ABCC (Use through 11/19/17)
- Local Licensing Review Record no further than "Category" in the Applicant Information section. (formerly form 43)
- Burlington CORI Authorization Form: (We cannot use the state's CORI.)
- PUBLIC HEARINGS: Abutter Notification list and cards when a public hearing is required Request an uncertified abutter list for up to 500' and 3 sets of labels of direct abutters from the Assessors Department (781-270-1650). IMPORTANT: A copy of the abutter list must be included with the application.
- When application is complete and labels have been received, contact this office to select a date to go before the Board of Selectmen.
- Requirement for New Managers: brief resume describing other locations where they were manager of liquor license, Massachusetts TIPs certification, letter from new manager stating they have read and understand the State and the Town's following Alcohol Rules and Regulations.
1. Burlington Alcohol Rules & Regulations and
2. Burlington Alcohol Server Policy
- ADDITIONAL REGULATIONS FOR AMC THEATRE: AMC Theater Conditions for Alcoholic Beverage License
- New/transfer & alterations of premises: CONTACT BUILDING DEPARTMENT TO REVIEW THE FLOOR PLAN. Final plan should include a break down of # of indoor and outdoor seating including changes during the off season. The term "bar" may not be included on the floor plan. You may use the term "cafe dining."
LICENSE FEES FOR RENEWALS & NEW LICENSES/PERMITS
|New & Renewal / All Alcohoilic / Restaurant||3,000|
|New & Renewal / Wine & Malt Bev. / Restaurant||1,500|
|New & Renewal/Addition of Liqueurs & Cordials||500|
|New & Renewal Common Victualler License||25|
|New & Renewal / All Alcohol / Package StoreVictualler License||2,200|
|New & Renewal / Wine & Malt Beverages / Package Goods Store||1,700|
|New & Renewal / All Alcohol / Club||250|
|New & Renewal Amusement Devices (each)||50|
|New & Renewal Live Entertainment||25|
|One-Time Fee Per Request:|
|Special One-Day / Alcoholic Beverage Permit||75|