The Board of Selectmen is the Local Licensing Authority for Alcohol Licenses.
The Town Administrator is the Deputy Local Licensing Authority.
Burlington Alcohol Rules & Regulations
Burlington Alcohol Server Policy
Additional Conditions for AMC Theater Alcoholic Beverage License
Additional Conditions for Life Time Fitness Center Alcoholic Beverage License
Special One-Day Liquor License
Special One-Day Liquor License Application
Must be submitted 30 days prior to event to allow time for departments to review and comment. Alcohol for the event cannot be purchased from a package store. A State Approved Wholesaler must be contacted for the purchase and delivery of alcohol. However, apply for a State Approved 12C Licensee and a one-day license is unnecessary. The 12c licensee will handle the purchase of alcohol, the serving of the alcohol and will contact the Police Department (Requires 48 Hr notice to the Burlington Police Chief).
STATE AND TOWN
ANNUAL RENEWAL NOTICE TO ALL LIQUOR LICENSE HOLDERS
Call for a copy of your establishment's renewal application 781.270.1850
2019 Annual Liquor License Renewal Information
Workers' Compensation Insurance Affidavid - Fillable Form
Alcohol Beverages Control Commission (ABCC)
M.G.L. c138, s.24. Click this site to view the State's authority to promulgate regulations clarifying, carrying out, enforcing and preventing violation of Chapter 138's provisions for the method of carrying on the business of any alcohol licensed premise.
FAQ'S - Massachusetts Alcohol Beverages Control Commission
State Advisory Letters
Matrix for Retail License Transactions
AMENDMENTS TO EXISTING LICENSES
Monetary Transmittal Form to be used with autopay statement to the ABCC
Autopay to State: $200.00 for all one-submission applications
ONLY ON-LINE PAYMENTS TO ABCC EFFECTIVE 11/19/17. Your payment receipt must be included with your application to Burlington's Local Licensing Authority. Click here for the on-line payment link: http://www.mass.gov/abcc/epay.htm
Change of Manager Alcohol Application
Forms for Multiple Amendments to Alcohol License
New or Transfer License Alcohol Applications
Workmen's Compensation Form
Acord Liquor Liability Sample
Change of Corporate Name, Change of DBA, Change of Legal Structure, Change of Class, Change of Category
Alteration of Premises and Change of Location
All applications for any type of alteration to the premise must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the public hearing or meeting in order to allow time for departments to review and comment and to prepare the public hearing notice which is published two weeks before the meeting. All amendments for Alteration of Premises must be accompanied by the new floor plan, and proof that the floor plan has been previously reviewed by the Building Department and Fire Department for their recommendations.
Pledge of Collateral (License, Stock, or Inventory)
- Amendment applications
- Transactional Checklist
- Resources and Forms for Local Licensing Authorities (LLAs)
- $150.00 fee - BURLINGTON: Paper checks are required for the Town’s filing of applications and renewal fees. Checks are made out to "Town of Burlington."
- $200.00 - ONLY ON-LINE PAYMENTS TO ABCC EFFECTIVE 11/19/17. Your payment receipt must be included with your application to Burlington's Local Licensing Authority. Click here for the on-line payment link: http://www.mass.gov/abcc/epay.htm
- Local Licensing Review Record up through "Description of Premises" (formerly form 43)
- EXTRA REQUIREMENTS FOR NEW MANAGER:
1. Brief resume describing past or current experience under an alcohol license-Town Requirement
2. State I.D.
3. Passport or other verification of U.S. citizenship
4. TIPs Certification (Training for Intervention)-Town Requirement (Procedures) http://www.gettips.com/online/index.shtml
5. Burlington CORI Authorization Form: Signed (We cannot use the state's CORI.)-Town Requirement
6. Letter signed by new manager stating they have read and understand the State and the Town's following Alcohol Rules and Regulations.-Town Requirement
Burlington Alcohol Rules & Regulations and
Burlington Alcohol Server Policy
- PUBLIC HEARINGS: Selectmen's office prepares the public hearing notice when required. Petitioner pays for the publication.
- Petitioner must obtain a list of direct abutters and four (4) sets of labels from the Assessors Office (781) 270-1650. Also request an uncertified abutter list for up to 500.' (For purposes of an alcohol licese application, an abutter is a person whose property directly touches the propsosed premises.) Abutter notice must be mailed within three (3) days of the publication of the legal notice.
- When application is complete and labels have been received, contact this office to select a date to go before the Board of Selectmen.
- New/transfer & alterations of premises: CONTACT BUILDING DEPARTMENT TO REVIEW THE FLOOR PLAN. Final plan should include a break down of # of indoor and outdoor seating including changes during the off season. The term "bar" may not be included on the floor plan. You may use the term "cafe dining."
In order to confirm that all licensees and applicants are in compliance with Massachusetts tax laws, the ABCC is requiring a Certificate of Good Standing (COGS) from the Massachusetts Department of Revenue for the following transactions submitted to the Local Board beginning March 1, 2018:
- Transfer of License (certificate must be in the current/seller licensee name)
- Change in Beneficial Interest
- Pledge of License
- Change of License Class (Seasonal, Annual)
- Change in License Category (Wines and Malts, All Alcohol, etc.)
- Change of Entity Name (certificate must be in the current corporate name)
- Change of Corporate Structure (certificate must be in the current corporate structure)
- Addition of a Management Agreement
- PLEASE NOTE: a new licensee does not require a COGS
An applicant can obtain a COGS by visiting the Department of Revenue’s website: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/request-a-certificate-of-good-standing-tax-compliance-or-a-corporate-tax-lien-waiver.
2018 LLA Checklist for applications
LICENSE FEES FOR RENEWALS & NEW LICENSES/PERMITS
|New & Renewal / All Alcohoilic / Restaurant||3,000|
|New & Renewal / Wine & Malt Bev. / Restaurant||1,500|
|New & Renewal / Addition of Liqueurs & Cordials||500|
|New & Renewal / Common Victualler License||25|
|New & Renewal / All Alcohol / Package StoreVictualler License||2,200|
|New & Renewal / Wine & Malt Beverages / Package Goods Store||1,700|
|New & Renewal / All Alcohol / Club||250|
|New & Renewal Amusement Devices (each)||50|
|New & Renewal Live Entertainment||25|
|One-Time Fee Per Request:|
|Special One-Day / Alcoholic Beverage Permit||75|
AMC LICENSE/AMC CONDITIONS/TOWN STANDARD RULES AND REGULATIONS AND SERVING POLICY