Alcohol License Information & Applications
Burlington Alcohol Server Policy
FAQs - Massachusetts Alcohol Beverages Control Commission General Information
Alcohol Licenses - Changes/New/Transfers
Applications are submitted for:
- Change in Manager
- Change in Board of Directors or Stock and Shareholders
- Modifications - such as changes to storage of alcoholic beverages, changes in location of bars, tables, etc.
- Alterations require interpretations from the Planning and Building Departments prior to approval by the BOS.
- For these and other purposes, see Alcohol Licenses - Changes/New/Transfers
Submissions and Requirements:
- $150.00 - The Town’s filing fee for any change made out to "Town of Burlington"
- $200.00 - Made out to "ABCC" or "Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Monetary Transaction Form for ABCC
- Local Licensing Review Record (formerly Form 43), no further than "Category" in the Applicant Information section.
- Town CORI Authorization Form
- Abutter Notification list and cards when a public hearing is required
- New Managers: brief resume describing other locations where they were manager of liquor license, TIPs certification for Massachusetts, letter from new manager that they have read and understand the Town's Alcohol Rules and Regulations
- New/transfer & alterations of premises: FLOOR PLAN
- PUBLIC HEARINGS: Request an abutter list and 3 sets of labels from Assessors Department (781-270-1650)
NOTICE TO ALL LIQUOR LICENSE HOLDERS
All license renewal applications for alcohol, common victualler, entertainment, and amusement devices (juke box, arcades and table gaming) must be signed during the month of November. A count of all devices is to be provided on the renewal application.
The establishment must be in conformity with the last approved description of the premises.
No renewal of license shall be considered by the Select Board, Licensing Authority without full payment in advance as per Mass. Gen. Laws, Chap. 138 § 70, for all licenses you hold.
A renewal license is allowed only if the license you are applying for is of the same type as the license you currently have, and if members or the stock/shareholders, board of directors and manager have not changed.
All taxes and other municipal charges must be up to date. No renewal application should be signed if the licensee is not in conformance with M.G.L. Ch. 40 §57.
All Alcoholic / Restaurant / Common Victualler
|Wine & Malt Bev. / Restaurant / Common Victualler||1,500|
|Common Victualler License||25|
|All Alcohol / Package StoreVictualler License|
|Wine & Malt Beverages / Package Goods Store|
|All Alcohol / Club|
|One Day Liquor License||75.00|
|Amusement Devices (each)|
|Hearing Fee for Town of Burlington||150|