NEW Water Ban Information - As Of July 23, 2020
NEW OUTDOOR WATER BAN EFFECTIVE JULY 23, 2020.
OUTDOOR WATERING LIMITED TO ONE EVENING PER WEEK
Effective Thursday July 23, 2020, all non-essential outdoor water use is limited to:
- Tuesdays between 7pm and 10pm for even street address numbers
- Saturdays between 7pm and 10pm for odd street address numbers
The following uses are prohibited by this restriction:
- Irrigation of lawns via sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems outside of the permitted day and time mentioned above.
The following uses are permitted on any day at any time:
- Watering of gardens, flowers, and ornamental plantings by means of a hand-held hose only.
- Car washing and filling of pools
- To meet core functions of a business or commercial activity
- Applying necessary surface treatments (aka washing exterior surfaces) such as paint, preservatives, stucco, pavement, or cement.
Exemptions for establishing new lawns are given only during the months of April, May, September, and October, and only by written permission from the DPW.
According to the Town Bylaws Section 5.4 the Town, through its Board of Selectmen, may declare a State of Water Conservation. Section 5.9 states the Penalties for violating the Water Restriction are:
- Any person violating shall be issued a warning for the first violation, shall be liable to the Town in the amount of $50 for the second violation, and $100 for each subsequent violation thereafter.
- These fines are non-criminal disposition.