Thank you for your interest in working for the Burlington Public Schools. Burlington is a wonderfully diverse community and we welcome dynamic, forward thinking individuals who reflect our student body, and who are committed to promoting student growth. Please download our employment brochure for more information about working for the Burlington Public Schools.
To be considered for a position, please visit our Careers Portal for our current employment opportunities.
- Your completed application for Certified positions must include: your current information, resume, teaching certification, unofficial transcripts, letter of interest and three letters of reference.
- Please do not mail, email, or fax documents to us. You may upload all of the above items with your application. The Burlington Public Schools will only accept electronic submissions, with the only exception being that we will request original transcripts upon hire.
- To apply for more than one position or to attach your application to a future job posting, once you have completed an application in our Recruit & Hire system, you may log into the system and attach your completed application to another job posting. Through your account you can submit updates to your application or upload/revise attachments at any time.
- After you have successfully submitted an application, you will receive a confirmation email. Please check your junk email folder if you do not receive the confirmation message.
- A submitted application will be reviewed by our hiring authorities and you will be contacted if your background appears to be a strong match for a position. We make every effort to communicate with you throughout the application process, therefore it is unnecessary to contact us to inquire about the status of your application.
The Burlington Public Schools reserves the right to close any job posting when a suitable applicant has been found before the closing date.
Applications will be held in our system for one year. You will need to submit a fresh application if a year has passed since you submitted your application.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
BPS Employees can access district postings through the Internal Portal
The Burlington Public Schools offers a comprehensive benefit package to all eligible employees. Permanent employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the month after hire. If you have questions about the district's benefits, you may contact our Benefits Office at 781-270-1623.
- Current health insurance plans and rates
- Copays waived for certain brand-name prescriptions through BurlingtonScripts
- MetLife Dental
- Flexible Spending Plan for medical and dependent care. Learn about Flexible Spending Plans with this YouTube Video
- Educators EAP
- Burlington Municipal Employees Credit Union
- Diabetes Care Rewards Program
- Sprouts Childcare for Burlington Employees