Contact-less Curbside Pickup
Announcing Curbside Pickup Service - Drive-thru for Something New!
We are pleased to announce that the library is open for curbside pickup service! We know you have been eager to get new materials to read, watch, and listen to during our closure and we are just as eager to start delivering them to you. During this time the library will not be open to the public but we will be available by phone and email.
Starting June 2nd, you can place holds online or by contacting the library at:
- Children's Department: 781-270-1692
- Reference Department: 781-270-1691
When your items are ready for pick up, we will contact you via email, phone or text. You will have seven days to pick them up at Curbside.
Curbside pickup will be available:
Monday - Thursday from 10:15 am - 7:00 pm
Friday from 10:15 am - 5:30 pm
Saturday from 10:15 am - 4:30 pm
Staff are available to take your hold requests and other questions:
Monday - Thursday from 10 am - 9 pm
Friday from 10 am - 6 pm
Saturday from 10 am - 5:00 pm
When you arrive at the library:
- Please remember to return your books in the book drop first before pulling to the rear of the building where our curbside pickup will be stationed
- There are two curbside pickup stations; please pull forward to the last available station
- Call the phone number provided at the station and wait for a librarian to retrieve your holds
- Please remember this is a contactless pickup service, so do not leave your car until the librarian has returned to the building
- Don't have a phone? Honk your horn and we'll be out to get your name
While the library is closed, check out Wowbrary (or sign up to receive their weekly emails) to stay up to date on what we're adding to our collection. You can also keep up with your favorite author using Author Alerts.
Frequently Asked Questions
What about the checkouts I currently have?
Our book drops are open and you can return items at your earliest convenience. The due dates for most items checked out prior to the library's closure on March 17th have been extended until July 13th but you may return them as soon as you are able.
Is the library open to the public?
During this phase we are open only for contactless, curbside delivery service. The building is not currently open to the public. You can call or email us with your questions.
What if I don't have a cell phone and I want to pick up my items?
When you arrive at our curbside pickup area, honk your horn and a librarian will be out to collect your name.