Things To Remember During A Winter Storm
- Travel may become impossible with blowing and drifting snow and near zero visibility. Stay where you are if possible.
- Prepare for extended power outages. Have emergency kits, flashlights, batteries, portable radio, and bottled water available.
- Check batteries in all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Fuel powered generators shall be operated outside the residence. Grills should not be operated in garages or basements.
- N-Star will evaluate storm damage for a 24 hour period following the storm.
- Restoration of power will not begin until the storm subsides and it is safe for N-Star employees to operate.
- Priority will be given to restoring critical town infrastructure.
- Remain inside and treat all downed power lines as if they were alive.
- Dial 911 for all fire and medical emergencies.