In the Town of Burlington, The Emergency Management Agency is responsible for the coordination of all emergency response disaster operations.
The Fire Chief shall serve as the Emergency Management Director and the Assistant Fire Chief shall serve as the Deputy Director.
The Burlington Emergency Management Agency shall be responsible for managing the following:
- All four phases of emergency management which includes preparation, mitigation, response, and recovery.
- Activation and operation of the Burlington Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
- Activation and operation of any local Emergency Shelter.
- Conduct training exercises for local officials involving both natural and man made disasters.
In the event of a natural or man made disaster:
- Burlington’s primary Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is located in the Town Hall Annex basement located at 25 Center Street.
- Burlington’s primary Emergency Shelter is located in the Kelley Murray Wing of the Human Services Building located at 61 Center Street.
- Burlington’s alternative Emergency Shelter is located in the Burlington High School located at 123 Cambridge Street.